Argostóli's Top 5
Collected by Candice Walsh , AFAR Local Expert
The Lighthouse of Saint Theodoroi is located on a manmade peninsula just beyond Argostóli's harbor. The simple Doric architectural style has a striking circular design, with 20 columns and a 26-foot high tower. It was first built in 1828 under...
Many of Cephalonia's most important cultural artifacts are housed in the Korgialenio History & Folklore Museum. The exhibits cover everything from the Venetian period right up until the devastating 1953 earthquake, including household furniture...
Devosetou, Argostoli 281 00, Greece
Take a stroll along De Bosset Bridge, the largest stone bridge over a body of sea water in the world. It was built in 1813 thanks to a Swiss engineer named Charles Philippe De Bosset who was employed by the British Army. From the bridge, visitors...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign