Argostóli's Top 5
Collected by Candice Walsh , AFAR Local Expert
The Lighthouse of Saint Theodoroi is located on a manmade peninsula just beyond Argostóli's harbor. The simple Doric architectural style has a striking circular design, with 20 columns and a 26-foot high tower. It was first built in 1828 under...
Many of Cephalonia's most important cultural artifacts are housed in the Korgialenio History & Folklore Museum. The exhibits cover everything from the Venetian period right up until the devastating 1953 earthquake, including household furniture...
Devosetou, Argostoli 281 00, Greece
Take a stroll along De Bosset Bridge, the largest stone bridge over a body of sea water in the world. It was built in 1813 thanks to a Swiss engineer named Charles Philippe De Bosset who was employed by the British Army. From the bridge, visitors...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May