Argostóli's Top 5
Collected by Candice Walsh , AFAR Local Expert
The Lighthouse of Saint Theodoroi is located on a manmade peninsula just beyond Argostóli's harbor. The simple Doric architectural style has a striking circular design, with 20 columns and a 26-foot high tower. It was first built in 1828 under...
Many of Cephalonia's most important cultural artifacts are housed in the Korgialenio History & Folklore Museum. The exhibits cover everything from the Venetian period right up until the devastating 1953 earthquake, including household furniture...
Devosetou, Argostoli 281 00, Greece
Take a stroll along De Bosset Bridge, the largest stone bridge over a body of sea water in the world. It was built in 1813 thanks to a Swiss engineer named Charles Philippe De Bosset who was employed by the British Army. From the bridge, visitors...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Europe Proposes Extending Travel Ban Until June 15
- 3 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Countries Coming Out of Lockdown
- 4 Travel News Iceland Begins to Reopen After Rigorous Testing Helps Contain Coronavirus Outbreak
- 5 Longreads Inside the Growing Community of Families on the Road, Full Time