Argostóli's Top 5
Collected by Candice Walsh, AFAR Local Expert
The Lighthouse of Saint Theodoroi is located on a manmade peninsula just beyond Argostóli's harbor. The simple Doric architectural style has a striking circular design, with 20 columns and a 26-foot high tower. It was first built in 1828 under...
Many of Cephalonia's most important cultural artifacts are housed in the Korgialenio History & Folklore Museum. The exhibits cover everything from the Venetian period right up until the devastating 1953 earthquake, including household furniture...
Devosetou, Argostoli 281 00, Greece
Take a stroll along De Bosset Bridge, the largest stone bridge over a body of sea water in the world. It was built in 1813 thanks to a Swiss engineer named Charles Philippe De Bosset who was employed by the British Army. From the bridge, visitors...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked