Argostóli's Top 5
Collected by Candice Walsh , AFAR Local Expert
The Lighthouse of Saint Theodoroi is located on a manmade peninsula just beyond Argostóli's harbor. The simple Doric architectural style has a striking circular design, with 20 columns and a 26-foot high tower. It was first built in 1828 under...
Many of Cephalonia's most important cultural artifacts are housed in the Korgialenio History & Folklore Museum. The exhibits cover everything from the Venetian period right up until the devastating 1953 earthquake, including household furniture...
Devosetou, Argostoli 281 00, Greece
Take a stroll along De Bosset Bridge, the largest stone bridge over a body of sea water in the world. It was built in 1813 thanks to a Swiss engineer named Charles Philippe De Bosset who was employed by the British Army. From the bridge, visitors...
- 1 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Tips + News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 3 Tips + News Visiting NY, NJ, or CT? You'll Have to Quarantine If You're From These 38 States
- 4 Air Travel Southwest Will Soon Stop Blocking Middle Seats
- 5 Tips + News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?