Collected by Adriana Yampey
There are a few places on Earth that are an absolute must visit for me. Antarctica is one of them. It's wild and frozen beauty is, in my eyes, paradise.
Paradise Bay, Antarctica
The Antarctic weather was unpredictable and often inhospitable throughout our 1-week expedition cruise. Dramamine came in really handy the last day as we sailed the Gerlach Straight. I popped them like candy before cautiously eating dinner. Just a...
Goudier Island,Wiencke Island, Antarctica
I was mesmerized by the icebergs in Antarctica- each unique like a snowflake. But in addition to beautiful looks, they also had a personality which is what I think drew them to me the most. An iceberg is a large piece of freshwater ice that has...
McMurdo Station, Antarctica
Ah yes the Emperor penguins. They may walk funny on land but at sea they can dive up to 1,850 feet (565 meters) deeper than any other bird, and stay under for more than 20 minutes. They are the largest of their species standing about 4 feet (1.2...
Shackleton had this hut built in 1908 at Cape Royds - the western tip of Ross Island - as a part of his Nimrod Expedition. I was privileged to walk back in time with a visit to this amazing 100 year old wooden hut in 2012. Due to ongoing...
- 1How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3Sweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Yosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years