Collected by Adriana Yampey , AFAR Local Expert
There are a few places on Earth that are an absolute must visit for me. Antarctica is one of them. It's wild and frozen beauty is, in my eyes, paradise.
Goudier Island,Wiencke Island, Antarctica
I was mesmerized by the icebergs in Antarctica- each unique like a snowflake. But in addition to beautiful looks, they also had a personality which is what I think drew them to me the most. An iceberg is a large piece of freshwater ice that has...
Shackleton had this hut built in 1908 at Cape Royds - the western tip of Ross Island - as a part of his Nimrod Expedition. I was privileged to walk back in time with a visit to this amazing 100 year old wooden hut in 2012. Due to ongoing...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Europe Proposes Extending Travel Ban Until June 15
- 3 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Countries Coming Out of Lockdown
- 4 Travel News Iceland Begins to Reopen After Rigorous Testing Helps Contain Coronavirus Outbreak
- 5 Longreads Inside the Growing Community of Families on the Road, Full Time