Collected by Aran Baker
Aran Baker′s Wishlist
Jalan Raya Sibang Kaja, Banjar Saren, Abiansemal, Sibang Kaja, Abiansemal, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80352, Indonesia
When he sold his jewelry company in 2007, Canadian expat John Hardy and his wife reinvested much of the money into the Green School, an innovative K-12 school in Sibang Kaja, Bali. The curriculum is very experiential—the international and...
Petulu, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia
Oggle the Ogoh-ogohs in Ubud Bali during the Balinese New Year Ngrupuk parade, a grand procession in which the Ogoh-ogohs, giant statues created in the form of mythological beings and demons, are lifted on bamboo poles and carried through the...
Songan B, Kintamani, Bangli Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Retrace the steps of women in Muntigunung, an arid region of northeastern Bali, who for centuries have walked over 3 km daily up a steep ravine to gather and carry water back to their villages. In the early morning, the trek will take you up a...
Konocti, Mount, California 95451, USA
Mt. Konocti, meaning "mountain women" in Pomo is a volcano rising 4305 ft high and is situated along the south shore of Clear Lake. Trail access to the peaks opened just two years ago. Hikers start at the main access road and hike through...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now