Collected by John Oseid, AFAR Local Expert
Al-Kabariti St. 43, Amman, Jordan
Under the auspices of Queen Rania, the Jordan River Foundation Showroom on Amman’s Rainbow Street occupies a restored 1930s house with a garden. Visitors come for handmade jewelry, rugs, tablecloths, embroidered silk, quilts and wooden furniture...
Madaba is famous for the ancient mosaics that decorated its houses, temples and, later, churches. Haret Jdoudna is an old house with a restaurant and a small souk that sells contemporary mosaics as well as wall hangings, jewelry, pottery and rugs....
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local