Collected by John Oseid, AFAR Local Expert
Al-Kabariti St. 43, Amman, Jordan
Under the auspices of Queen Rania, the Jordan River Foundation Showroom on Amman’s Rainbow Street occupies a restored 1930s house with a garden. Visitors come for handmade jewelry, rugs, tablecloths, embroidered silk, quilts and wooden furniture...
Madaba is famous for the ancient mosaics that decorated its houses, temples and, later, churches. Haret Jdoudna is an old house with a restaurant and a small souk that sells contemporary mosaics as well as wall hangings, jewelry, pottery and rugs....
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Expedition Cruises Take This Quiz to Find Your Perfect Cruise Destination Sponsored by Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises