Collected by John Oseid , AFAR Local Expert
K. Ali Ben Al-Hussein St. 146, Amman, Jordan
If Amman has a single highlight, it is the Citadel in the heart of the city, where humans have lived since the Neolithic age. Under the Greeks the settlement was called Philadelphia. The stunning, elegant Roman ruins of the Temple of Hercules...
Al Madina At Tibbiyya, Amman, Jordan
The late King Hussein was a dashing celebrity, so his extensive private collection of the world's finest vintage motor vehicles is a fitting legacy. The Royal Automobile Museum opened in 2003 and is impressive for even those who think they have...
Al-Quds St., Jordan
The way up is windy, but the views of the Dead Sea and the desert from the summit of Mount Nebo, with an altitude of 817 meters (2,680 feet), are spectacular. The history is even more impressive: According to the book of Deuteronomy, it was here...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico