Apia Top 5
The Scottish author of Treasure Island and other classics retired to Samoa for his health but fell deeply in love with island life. The affection was reciprocal: Locals nicknamed Stevenson "Tusitala" (Teller of Tales). Today an excellent museum...
Visit this splendid shallow reef at high tide for the best underwater views. A five-minute walk north of Apia's center, this blue hole teems with marine life. Float above the coral castles as tropical fish play hide-and-seek. The reserve is open...
These natural waterslides send kids and adults hooting and plummeting down gentle cascades. The site is about a 15-minute drive from central Apia, signposted from the road past the Mormon temple. The staircase and rocks surrounding the...
- 1 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 2 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 3 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 National Parks The Ideal Road Trip Through U.S. Canyon Country