Collected by AFAR Traveler
AFAR Traveler′s Wishlist
The Great Wall of China runs more than 21,000 kilometers (over 13,000 miles), not as one continuous wall but rather as fortified wall sections. Some of the sections date back more than 2,500 years, though only 8.2 percent of the existing wall is...
Zhubashi, ZhongLou ShangQuan, Beilin Qu, Xian Shi, Shaanxi Sheng, China, 710001
This is me and my close friend Bill in front of the Bell and Drum Tower inside the city walls of Xian, China. Bill and I worked for the same company for over 35 years. We retired on the same day in 2004. My wife was still working and thought it...
Wulong, Chongqing, China
Located in the Wulong National Geology Park, the Wu Long karsts form a range of stone bridges and deep mountain valleys in Wulong county of Chongqing municipality. The Wulong karsts, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, are also home to the Three...
Zhujiajiaozhen, Qingpu, Shanghai, China
On a trip to Shanghai, I took a few days to visit nearby water villages which are considered to be suburbs of Shanghai. These are the places where the canals dominate the village landscape. Often, getting from point A to point B requires transport...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local