Qatar's desert is one of the most inhospitable places on earth. However, some animals call the rocks and dunes of Qatar home. Inland wildlife includes: the sand snake, the fork-tongue lizard, Ethiopian hedgehog, Arabian gazelle, and the Oryx, Qatar's national symbol. Aquatic animals primarily include fish, shrimp, pear oysters, and the second largest population of dugongs in the world. Not surprisingly, Qatar is home to some of the most expensive studs, falcons and camels in the world.
- 1ArtArticleA Look at Ai Weiwei’s Takeover of New York City’s Public Spaces
- 2PeopleArticleCoolest Travel Jobs: What It’s Like to Be a Professional Ghost Hunter
- 3Founder's NoteArticle9 Destinations Where You Can Make a Difference this Holiday Season
- 4Museums + GalleriesArticleThere’s a Museum in Vienna That’s Full of Fake Art
- 5Travel TipsArticleHow to Avoid the Dreaded Table for One on Your Next Solo Trip