Collected by Melanie Wyne
Calle Panaderos, 32, 18010 Granada, Spain
There are plenty of flamenco places in Granada, from the 35 euro tourist cave to the 6 euro wine cellar. My love for flamenco has drawn me to each one. I think the best deal especially if you are only in Granada for a week or a weekend is to...
Calle Atarazanas, 19, 29005 Málaga, Spain
To market, to market—that’s where you should go when you feel like catching a glimpse of the true, gritty essence of a place. Market folk don’t care what you think of their city. Market folk don’t dress in their Sunday best. They don’t speak...
Calle Judíos, Córdoba, Spain
If you are looking for truly unique and beautiful gifts from Andalusia, Spain, look no farther than the Zoco Artisan Market in Cordoba. This shop is filled with jewelry, hand painted tiles, shawls, pottery and other local crafts. There are...
Calle Judíos, 20, 14004 Córdoba, Spain
When visiting Córdoba, it is essential to wind your way through the narrow streets in the old Jewish district. You really get a sense of going back in time. Perhaps the most important structure in the area is the old synagogue. For one, the...
The neighborhood, or barrio, of Güemes, is a former immigrant hub known for its antique shops. Today, it is a bohemian destination on Saturday and Sunday evenings, when vendors set up an artisanal market in the streets. You can find anything old,...
Calle Callejas, 19, 11630 Arcos de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain
Arcos de la Frontera is my favorite of southern Spain's Pueblos Blancos (White Villages). I visited the mesmerizingly beautiful town last summer. I wandered the tiny winding streets, snapping pictures and getting lost in a pocket of Andalucia time...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States