Collected by Haley Bahm
1034 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
My first day in downtown Anchorage, I took in lunch at Snow City Cafe. As soon as I entered, I knew I was going to love this place. The ambience is created by an eclectic mix of part diner, part espresso bar, part bakery. The walls are covered...
Blueberry Loop Trail, Anchorage, AK 99516, USA
This popular hiking trail offers the best views of Anchorage, as well as panoramic views of Denali, Mt. Spurr and Mt. Foraker. Start at the Glen Alps Trailhead within Chugach State Park. The 2.7-kilometer trail starts in a small grove and then...
Milepost90 Seward Hwy # 8, Girdwood, AK 99587, USA
Visit native wildlife at this 200-acre refuge. Meet Sven, the resident reindeer, or see wood bison, elk, lynx, porcupines, bald eagles, owls and bears in a safe environment. Visitors can walk or drive a 2.5-kilometer loop around the conservation...
Old Glenn Hwy, Chugiak, AK 99567, USA
Located in Chugach State Park, this trail which is just under two kilometers goes uphill to a viewing deck overlooking the 60-meter Thunderbird Falls and Eklutna Canyon. This is a relatively easy hike. Though some might find the uphill climb...
3300 Old Seward Hwy, Anchorage, AK 99503, USA
This pizza-and-beer joint is a favorite after a long day of hiking. Besides salads, sandwiches and Korean-style chicken wings, there are more than 35 gourmet pizza options, spanning from vegetarian to Santa’s Little Helper with red peppers,...
- 1 Travel Tips Surprising Countries Where U.S. Citizens Need an Advance Visa
- 2 National Parks 11 Crowd-Free National Parks You Should Visit Instead
- 3 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 4 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 5 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast