Collected by Haley Bahm
1034 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
My first day in downtown Anchorage, I took in lunch at Snow City Cafe. As soon as I entered, I knew I was going to love this place. The ambience is created by an eclectic mix of part diner, part espresso bar, part bakery. The walls are covered...
Blueberry Loop Trail, Anchorage, AK 99516, USA
This popular hiking trail offers the best views of Anchorage, as well as panoramic views of Denali, Mt. Spurr and Mt. Foraker. Start at the Glen Alps Trailhead within Chugach State Park. The 2.7-kilometer trail starts in a small grove and then...
Milepost90 Seward Hwy # 8, Girdwood, AK 99587, USA
Visit native wildlife at this 200-acre refuge. Meet Sven, the resident reindeer, or see wood bison, elk, lynx, porcupines, bald eagles, owls and bears in a safe environment. Visitors can walk or drive a 2.5-kilometer loop around the conservation...
Old Glenn Hwy, Chugiak, AK 99567, USA
Located in Chugach State Park, this trail which is just under two kilometers goes uphill to a viewing deck overlooking the 60-meter Thunderbird Falls and Eklutna Canyon. This is a relatively easy hike. Though some might find the uphill climb...
3300 Old Seward Hwy, Anchorage, AK 99503, USA
This pizza-and-beer joint is a favorite after a long day of hiking. Besides salads, sandwiches and Korean-style chicken wings, there are more than 35 gourmet pizza options, spanning from vegetarian to Santa’s Little Helper with red peppers,...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles