An Instatour of Berlin
Collected by Sarah Buder , AFAR Staff
Museum Island, Berlin, Germany
Visiting at least one of the five museums that make up Museum Island, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is a must for any serious culture-seeker in Berlin. A pioneering concept, this ensemble of public institutions brimming with exquisite artworks and...
Johannisstraße 20, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Founded by the owners of the original – and much-adored - House of Small Wonder in New York’s hip Williamsburg neighbourhood, this Berlin iteration puts the same Japanese twist on American brunches and lunches. Traditional croissants...
Herrfurthstraße 23, 12049 Berlin, Germany
Rosenthaler Str. 72A, 10119 Berlin, Germany
Reinhardtstraße 20, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Only in Berlin could a hulking, aboveground World War II‒era concrete bunker, right in the center of the city, be turned into an art gallery. The structure—too bulky to be blown up after the war—was transformed in 2008 by...
Potsdamer Straße 33, 10785 Berlin, Germany
With a thriving literary past and present, the German capital shines bright through its quietest destinations: libraries. At the Berlin State Library, you can admire a Gutenberg bible, the world’s largest bound atlas, and the original score...
- 1 Travel News The Real Story Behind Venice’s Newly Crystal-Clear Canals
- 2 Travel News Quarantine. Self-Isolation. Lockdown. Shelter in Place. What’s the Difference?
- 3 Travel News Virtual Museum Tours, Performances, and Tutorials to Keep You (and Your Kids) Entertained at Home
- 4 Air Travel TSA Just Made Some Major Changes to Its Rules Due to Coronavirus
- 5 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Locked-Down Countries