An Instatour of Berlin
Collected by Sarah Buder, AFAR Staff
Museum Island, Berlin, Germany
Visiting at least one of the five museums that make up Museum Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a must for any serious culture-seeker in Berlin. A pioneering concept, this ensemble of public institutions brimming with exquisite artworks and...
Johannisstraße 20, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Founded by the owners of the original – and much-adored - House of Small Wonder in New York’s hip Williamsburg neighbourhood, this Berlin iteration puts the same Japanese twist on American brunches and lunches. Traditional croissants...
Herrfurthstraße 23, 12049 Berlin, Germany
Rosenthaler Str. 72A, 10119 Berlin, Germany
Reinhardtstraße 20, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Street art turns up all across Berlin, including outside Sammlung Boros, a museum space that showcases contemporary artists such as Ai Weiwei, Alicia Kwade, and Wolfgang Tillman. A former Nazi bunker during World War II, the building has also done...
Potsdamer Straße 33, 10785 Berlin, Germany
With a thriving literary past and present, the German capital shines bright through its quietest destinations: libraries. At the Berlin State Library, you can admire a Gutenberg bible, the world’s largest bound atlas, and the original score...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign