An American in Provence
Collected by Lara Takenaga, AFAR Contributor
Rue Fort du Sanctuaire, 13281 Marseille, France
Situated at the highest point in the city of Marseille lies the Notre-Dame de la Garde. From this view you can see the sun setting along the Mediterranean sea and small islands made famous from the novel, "The Count of Monte Cristo." Just...
13520 Les Baux-de-Provence, France
Giant images of beautiful art projected on every vertical surface of this interior space carved out of the mountain. It's like nothing you have experienced before. An amazing 30 mins show with a great soundtrack is featuring works by Monet,...
Chapitre, 13001 Marseille, France
While living in Paris as an undergrad, I bought a train ticket to Marseille on a whim. It was a weekend trip, and I didn’t take anyone with me, nor meet anyone there -- no plans at all. The countryside passed in sweet silence on the 3-hour TGV...
47 Prom. des Anglais, 06000 Nice, France
This is the reason why people from all over the world fall in love with Côte d’Azur Nice, France--it is simply breathtaking. Walk up to Old Town Nice to get a photo and then enjoy the pebble beach, just watch out for the drop off if you get in the...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now