Amused by these...
Collected by Kirsten Alana, AFAR Local Expert
tt. Sa Pa, Sa Pa, Lào Cai, Vietnam
We had spent more than three weeks in Vietnam by the time we arrived in the mountains of Sapa. We started in the southern tip in the Mekong Delta and made our way north. Vietnam is full of great travel experiences but my favorite place was Sapa...
Intsin St, Cape Coast, Ghana
There are two big stars in Ghana, West Africa: God and Obama. You'll see the two of them referenced everywhere. In the street market in Cape Coast, Ghana I found a packet of Obama Biscuits (cookies). Never actually ate them, they sit on my book...
MAS, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia
On our first visit to Bali in 1988, our soon-to-be-fast-friends Azman and Caroline took us to the studio of mask-making genius Ida Bagus Anom [http://bit.ly/H8tOmN]. We were instantly enthralled by the expressiveness of the faces he carved and...
400 W Rich St, Columbus, OH 43215, USA
Dinin’ Hall is an innovative new eating concept that began as a design idea trying to solve practical issues of eating at food trucks and carts. It features a rotating roster of food trucks and carts and provides a cool dining area of industrial...
Karl-Marx-Allee, Berlin, Germany
Meet the Ampelmann, the little green guy who graces the street lights in the former East Berlin. After reunification, the spunky green dude was set to vanish, replaced by the more generic EU-standard green/walk sign. But there was an uproar....
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village