Collected by AFAR Explorer
Nieuwe Doelenstraat 2-14, 1012 CP Amsterdam, Netherlands
When only the best will do, treat yourself to a stay at De L'Europe, a member of The Leading Hotels of The World, widely acknowledged as one of Amsterdam's finest. Built in 1896, overlooking the Amstel River and in the shadow of the historic Munt...
Professor Tulpplein 1, 1018 GX Amsterdam, Netherlands
You'll need deep pockets to stay at the Amstel, Amsterdam's landmark hotel that's overlooked the Amstel River since 1867, providing nightly luxury for royals and celebs from Queen Elizabeth II to Michael Jackson and The Rolling Stones. But if you...
Oudezijds Voorburgwal 197, 1012 EX Amsterdam, Netherlands
Originally a 15th-century convent, followed by stints as the headquarters of the Dutch Admiralty and Amsterdam’s town hall, the Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam—or simply, The Grand—presides over the heart of the old city....
Herengracht 542-556, 1017 CG Amsterdam, Netherlands
When the Waldorf Astoria opened its Amsterdam outpost in 2014, the iconic brand took six 17th- and 18th-century canal houses—two of which used to be official residences for the mayor, and at least three of which have architectural details by...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico