Collected by Amelia
Keizerstraat 16, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
Three 17th-century gabled homes were connected to create Antwerp’s quirkiest hotel, De Witte Lelie. Owners Ann and Bart Busschop stocked 11 rooms with such personal touches as paintings by the hotel’s night receptionist. Grab a drink at the...
Vrijdagmarkt 22-23, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
I'll be the first to admit, a museum of printing didn't sound terribly exciting to me, at first. Antwerp Belgium's Plantin-Moretus Museum certainly changed my mind. This is the only museum on the UNESCO World Heritage list and the recognition is...
Steenplein 1, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
Although the statue looks like a couple of guys teasing Lange Wapper about his unfortunate nickname, it's actually the giant teasing a couple of drunks! Lange Wapper, who stands in front of Het Steen castle on the Antwerp river, is a part of local...
Groenplaats 21, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
Just outside the Antwerp cathedral is a bench and plaque that commemorate the story A Dog of Flanders. The story, with some of it set in Antwerp, was not well known in Belgium (having been written by an Englishwoman). For some reason the Japanese...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys