Collected by D
2601 I-40 East, Amarillo, TX 79104, USA
America’s favorite breed of horse. Who knew we had one? In addition to celebrating the sprint specialist’s prominence in Western life, the museum conveys how remarkably intertwined U.S. history is with the quarter horse. 2601 I-40 E., (806)...
Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
Texans knew how to dress back in the day, and their vintage clothes are sold cheaply in shops along this Amarillo corridor. The Sixth Street Antique Mall overflows with collectible early-20th-century Americana. Old Route 66 (SW Sixth Avenue),...
6103 S Coulter St suite 200, Amarillo, TX 79119, USA
Excellent gelato tops off a feast of the best food on old Route 66. Both the decor and the menu take their inspiration from 1960s spaghetti westerns: Try the Morricone cheeseburger, the Van Cleef (pulled pork), or the Eastwood (bacon-wrapped pork...
7701 Interstate 40 Access Rd, Amarillo, TX 79118, USA
It isn’t fancy, but it is the most interesting hotel in town—all charming, if somewhat faded, classic Texas kitsch. Next door is the famous Big Texan Steak Ranch, where your 72-ounce slab of beef is free if you eat the entire meal in an hour. 7701...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village