Collected by Alexis Magid
Alexis Magid′s Wishlist
Hofburg, Schweizerhof, 1010 Wien, Austria
Austria’s imperial past is most palpable between the grand palaces of Vienna. And within the capital there is one particular place where this illustrious atmosphere is polarized. The Imperial Treasury holds some of the most ornate, detailed and...
Philharmoniker Str. 2, 1010 Wien, Austria
This beautiful Neo-Renaissance building was opened in 1869 to a mixed public review, but today it's well-loved by the Viennese and tourists alike. I did not get a chance to go inside, but caught a photo as we walked by. I can only imagine what it...
1030 Vienna, Austria
Stadtpark is one of the best and most central parks in Vienna. Tourists love to visit the golden Johann Strauss statue there. Locals either hang out on the lawn or go to the yummy dairy bar and cafe Meierei im Stadtpark, next to the Wien river....
Michaelerkuppel, 1010 Wien, Austria
The Imperial Palace of Vienna is frankly overwhelming, whether you are a traveller on a 24-hour schedule or a lifetime local. It comprises 30+ buildings on a terrain the size of 34 soccer fields. As a 30-year local, I have had the luxury to slice...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village