Collected by Anna Specht
Mt Vernon, VA, USA
Frequently visited by many tourists to the D.C. area, I wanted to come here as an adult. Having grown up in D.C., you often take for granted the historical sites that are only a short drive away. Now that I live in Florida, and with a more mature...
301 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Whenever I'm traveling, I love to spend Saturday morning exploring a local farmers market. You can also find lots of locals there, shopping for their weekly produce, and it's also a great place to sample food from local restaurants. Every Saturday...
105 N Union St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
As you walk along the waterfront, it will immediately catch your eye—a large, Art Deco building with an unusual name: the Torpedo Factory. Once actually home to a factory that produced torpedoes for WWII, it has since been taken over by painters,...
134 N Royal St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
If you were traveling through Alexandria, VA back in the early 19th century and looking for a place for a meal and a good night’s rest, Gadsby’s Tavern and the adjoining City Hotel would have been where you would have dined and slept. Today the...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun