Collected by Alexandra McLachlen
Alexandra McLachlen′s Wishlist
Giudecca, 10, 30133 Venezia VE, Italy
Travelers come to Cip's Club to enjoy dinner with a striking view of Venice and Piazza San Marco in the distance. And dinner, when you can secure a table here, is very good. Again, much of that has to do with the view. But we're partial to Cip's...
Campiello Traghetto, 2467, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
The Gritti Palace's Bar Longhi is possibly one of the hottest tickets in Venice. It's where Hemingway drank his way through evenings while he was staying upstairs finishing his novel, Across the River and Through the Trees. Many other celebrated...
Riva degli Schiavoni, 4171, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Just beyond the Doge's Palace along the Degli Schiavoni is the Relais & Chateaux property, Hotel Londra Palace. I mention it because the hotel's LondraBar is small and quiet, with some outdoor veranda seating with excellent views of the lagoon. It...
Calle S. Domenico Dorsoduro, 568, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
Enrica Rocca is the kind of cooking instructor that turns cooking school culinary models upside down. Sure, she follows some sort of recipe, not written down of course. But her main objective, the points she wants you to leave with, are: how to...
Larcomar, Malecón de la Reserva 610, Miraflores, Lima 15074, Peru
Mangos Restaurant in the Miraflores neighborhood of Lima is a good place to take in the ocean views over breakfast. The restaurant has a big outdoor patio area and the food is decent, but you're really there for the view.
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter