Collected by Alexander Mishchik
Alexander Mishchik′s Wishlist
Yucun S Rd, Nanshan Qu, Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong Sheng, China, 518067
Not having ever been to an open-air food market before, the first time I went to the Shekou "Wet" Market, the place disgusted and amazed me. They sell fresh seafood and meat, live poultry, fresh vegetables and herbs, and dried spices and nuts....
Kencot, Kingston, Jamaica
On Saturday mornings all over Kingston, Jamaica, cooks fire up the jerk pans. These characteristic grills—industrial steel-drums- turned-smokers—appear on every street corner. When I asked my taxi driver to find the best jerk chicken en route to...
Black River, Jamaica
In Jamaica, my husband Mike, my friend Stephanie, and I hired a small boat to take us up the Black River, a long river made dark from the tannins of decaying leaves. Small crocodiles laid still and Zen-like along the river's banks. Waterlogged...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys