Collected by Betsy Meacham
I spent 4 days with my two aunts and cousin in Himare, Albania. This is one of the points on what is often called "The Albanian Riviera". It is a true wonder of the world, I think. All the beaches are less than a 20 minute drive so it's very easy...
Hikers and climbers are just beginning to discover the Albanian Alps. A (wide) dirt road leads up from the valley to Valbona but the government is planning to pave it, which will bring untold numbers of daytrippers to this pristine place. For now,...
Blloku, Tirana, Albania
I am a sucker for an elected offical who had a career in the arts, and after my brief trip to Albania I have become a huge fan of Edi Rama. Rama, Tirana's artist-mayor, has helped Tirana start to lay claim to the title of "Most Colorful City in...
People often forget that Albania has an equally gorgeous Mediterranean coastline as Greece. Hop over to these beaches to experience similar waters with less crowd. With no one around for miles and miles, we were able to camp on this beach and...
Koman, SH25, 4013, Albania
It takes about 3 hours to cross from Komani, a concrete pier with a restaurant, to Fierza, at the other hand of the manmade lake. The few ferries that cross the lake are old, rusted, and serve as local transport for everything from motorcycles...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States