Collected by Samantha Freda
Skanderbeg, Shkodër, Albania
Though the country's former dictator, Enver Hoxha, died nearly 30 years ago, the Albanian landscape is still dotted with the 700,000+ bunkers that he ordered to be constructed. They're on beaches, in the countryside, in urban areas and even...
Koman, SH25, 4013, Albania
It takes about 3 hours to cross from Komani, a concrete pier with a restaurant, to Fierza, at the other hand of the manmade lake. The few ferries that cross the lake are old, rusted, and serve as local transport for everything from motorcycles...
Krujë District, Albania
This is a great day trip from Tirana, only about a half hour drive from the capital city. Well, actually it takes about half an hour to get it within eyesight, but then the drive up the mountain and into the town takes at least another 20 minutes....
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter