Alaska's Best Bets with Kids
Collected by Rainer Jenss, Family Travel Correspondent
Inside Passage, Alaska, USA
Statistics show that over 60% of all visitors to Alaska arrive by ship. Although we’ve taken cruises in the past, the idea of seeing “The Last Frontier” from a large cruise ship didn’t hold much appeal. Our priority was to experience the region’s...
1000 Raptor Way, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
Get an up-close look at some of Alaska’s most awe-inspiring birds, such as bald eagles, at the Alaska Raptor Center. Primarily a rehabilitation facility, the center sits on 17 acres along the Indian River. Visitors are welcome to meet the 24...
4639 Sawmill Creek Rd, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
One of the primary reasons we chose to travel to Alaska was the strong likelihood of spotting wildlife. We’ve experienced the excitement of going on safari and are all certified scuba divers, so I can unequivocally say that for our family, nothing...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village