Collected by Vanessa Petersen, AFAR Local Expert
4380 Homer Spit Rd, Homer, AK 99603, USA
If you find yourself in Homer Alaska, a visit to The Salty Dawg Saloon is in order. What I remember of Homer Alaska is fishing boats, cool air off the water, and friendly people. What I liked about the Salty Dawg Saloon was its charming rustic...
14865 Sterling Hwy, Cooper Landing, AK 99572, USA
Alaska is a beautiful state. It seemed no matter where we drove there were gorgeous views of mountains, forest, or waterways, and often wild anaimals. On our way from Anchorage to Homer we stopped at Gwin's Lodge for lunch. I love good sea food...
Whittier, AK 99693, USA
The drive from Anchorage to Whittier is stunning, and our vehicle was full of, “whoa, look at that!” and “what, are you kidding? this is amazing!!” Whittier, population 200, was basically buried in snow, and can only be reached when traveling...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter