Alaska Summer 2013
Collected by joel zeitlin
Whittier, AK 99693, USA
The drive from Anchorage to Whittier is stunning, and our vehicle was full of, “whoa, look at that!” and “what, are you kidding? this is amazing!!” Whittier, population 200, was basically buried in snow, and can only be reached when traveling...
Located in a remote area of Southeast Alaska, the beautiful Glacier Bay National Park where the land is reborn & a world returning to life. In 1794, Captain George Vancouver cruised by what is now the entrance to Glacier Bay & found it to be...
Harding Icefield, Alaska 99664, USA
While in Seward, Alaska one must take the hike along the Exit Glacier up to the Harding Icefield. It is a bit difficult at times, especially if there is snow, which there will be, and there are monster mosquitoes. However, it is amazing; the...
There are no guarantees the northern lights will start dancing on the night you look skyward, but it's so worth taking the chance. One of the great rewards for hanging out in Alaska once the dark and cold settle over the state, the northern...
You can't help but be awed by what a glacier and a few thousand years can do to a landscape. As we hiked closer to Exit Glacier I become aware of the enormity of this sheet of ice that has carved out the valley and the river behind us. Signposts...
Anchorage, AK, USA
So, we live in Alaska, we can see glaciers from our house! Fortunately, can't see Sarah Palin anymore. This summer family came and visited and we went down to Exit Glacier which is very accessible. There is a national park there with free parking,...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village