Alaska Summer 2013
Collected by joel zeitlin
Located in a remote area of Southeast Alaska, the beautiful Glacier Bay National Park where the land is reborn & a world returning to life. In 1794, Captain George Vancouver cruised by what is now the entrance to Glacier Bay & found it to be...
Harding Icefield, Alaska 99664, USA
While in Seward, Alaska one must take the hike along the Exit Glacier up to the Harding Icefield. It is a bit difficult at times, especially if there is snow, which there will be, and there are monster mosquitoes. However, it is amazing; the...
Landing in an airplane on a glacier is for sure in my top 10 experiences so far in the world. There are several companies that offer flight tours and glacier landings on Mt. McKinley out of Talkeetna Alaska. The landing by a small airplane on skis...
You can't help but be awed by what a glacier and a few thousand years can do to a landscape. As we hiked closer to Exit Glacier I become aware of the enormity of this sheet of ice that has carved out the valley and the river behind us. Signposts...
Anchorage, AK, USA
So, we live in Alaska, we can see glaciers from our house! Fortunately, can't see Sarah Palin anymore. This summer family came and visited and we went down to Exit Glacier which is very accessible. There is a national park there with free parking,...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019