Alaska Summer 2013
Collected by joel zeitlin
Whittier, AK 99693, USA
When visiting Alaska don't forget to stop and say hello to the 177 people that live here in Whittier. This little fishing village is located on the Prince William Sound connecting you by boat to many of Alaska's great glaciers. A quick cruise down...
Located in a remote area of Southeast Alaska, the beautiful Glacier Bay National Park where the land is reborn & a world returning to life. In 1794, Captain George Vancouver cruised by what is now the entrance to Glacier Bay & found it to be...
Harding Icefield, Alaska 99664, USA
While in Seward, Alaska one must take the hike along the Exit Glacier up to the Harding Icefield. It is a bit difficult at times, especially if there is snow, which there will be, and there are monster mosquitoes. However, it is amazing; the...
You can't help but be awed by what a glacier and a few thousand years can do to a landscape. As we hiked closer to Exit Glacier I become aware of the enormity of this sheet of ice that has carved out the valley and the river behind us. Signposts...
Anchorage, AK, USA
So, we live in Alaska, we can see glaciers from our house! Fortunately, can't see Sarah Palin anymore. This summer family came and visited and we went down to Exit Glacier which is very accessible. There is a national park there with free parking,...
- 1The Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2Portugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Tar, Spaghetti, and Other Totally Real Ice Cream Flavors You Need to Try in Europe
- 4The True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 5Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps