Alaska Spring Break
Collected by AFAR Explorer
There are no guarantees the northern lights will start dancing on the night you look skyward, but it's so worth taking the chance. One of the great rewards for hanging out in Alaska once the dark and cold settle over the state, the northern...
737 W 5th Ave #110, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
With a whopping average size of twenty to twenty-five pounds (and fifty pounds being considered trophy size), King Salmon are one of Alaska's crown jewels. The season opens up every year in May, and in Anchorage as well as all over America's 49th...
411 W 1st Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
My father and I boarded the Alaska Railroad in Anchorage, donning our GoldStar cabin pins , to begin our journey in the interior of Alaska. The GoldStar cabin, the premier cabin of the Alaska Railroad, offers exceptional views and service. With...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter