Alaska? I'll Ask Her.
Collected by Angie Orth
On the first Saturday in March, the mood in Anchorage, Alaska, is best expressed by a pack of huskies. More than 60 dogsled teams, each composed of 12 to 16 agile canines, assemble along Fourth Avenue for the ceremonial start of the Iditarod Trail...
500 2nd Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
My bucket list included seeing the Northern Lights. This took me to the Chena Hot Springs Resort located an hour outside of Fairbanks, Alaska (the address is WRONG on the map). The Northern Lights are best seen in clear dark skies which is...
Homer Spit, Homer, AK 99603, USA
Viewed from the Spit in Homer, the midwinter sun reflects off the surface of Grewingk Glacier in the Chugach Mountains at the southern tip of Alaska's Kenai Peninsula. In summer, anglers inundate this "cosmic hamlet by the sea," but in winter,...
- 1How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3Sweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Yosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years