Alaska? I'll Ask Her.
Collected by Angie Orth
On the first Saturday in March, the mood in Anchorage, Alaska, is best expressed by a pack of huskies. More than 60 dogsled teams, each composed of 12 to 16 agile canines, assemble along Fourth Avenue for the ceremonial start of the Iditarod Trail...
Homer Spit, Homer, AK 99603, USA
Viewed from the Spit in Homer, the midwinter sun reflects off the surface of Grewingk Glacier in the Chugach Mountains at the southern tip of Alaska's Kenai Peninsula. In summer, anglers inundate this "cosmic hamlet by the sea," but in winter,...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December