Collected by AFAR Explorer
Mile Marker 92 Denali Park Road, Denali, AK 99755, USA
A friend from college had worked and lived in Alaska for many years and invited me to come and visit in the fall. Keep in mind, that "fall" in the tundra is mid-August to mid-September (snow will fly by October). I had been to Alaska before and...
There are no guarantees the northern lights will start dancing on the night you look skyward, but it's so worth taking the chance. One of the great rewards for hanging out in Alaska once the dark and cold settle over the state, the northern...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village