Collected by Greta Franklin de Matos
Whittier, AK 99693, USA
The drive from Anchorage to Whittier is stunning, and our vehicle was full of, “whoa, look at that!” and “what, are you kidding? this is amazing!!” Whittier, population 200, was basically buried in snow, and can only be reached when traveling...
Denali, Alaska, USA
of our trip to Alaska, this is probably the highlight, a chance of very few, apparently 15% of the people who head out to see this majestic mountain get a chance to see it as we have. being there and seeing this beautiful mountain in all of its...
14865 Sterling Hwy, Cooper Landing, AK 99572, USA
Alaska is a beautiful state. It seemed no matter where we drove there were gorgeous views of mountains, forest, or waterways, and often wild anaimals. On our way from Anchorage to Homer we stopped at Gwin's Lodge for lunch. I love good sea food...
China Poot Bay, Alaska 99603, USA
When the tide is out and the skies are still bright (just before midnight in June) head out into Kachemak Bay toward China Poot Bay for some midnight mussel digging. Surrounded by sea stars and more mussels than you could eat in a lifetime, it's a...
233 E Bunnell Ave, Homer, AK 99603, USA
I absolutely adore this little bakery!! Tucked along the coast of Homer, AK, this lovely little bakery is full of soul and heartfelt goodness. The food is delicious, the mate lattes are so creamy and the local vibe is sweet. If you cruise through...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 3Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania