Collected by Greta Franklin de Matos
Whittier, AK 99693, USA
The drive from Anchorage to Whittier is stunning, and our vehicle was full of, “whoa, look at that!” and “what, are you kidding? this is amazing!!” Whittier, population 200, was basically buried in snow, and can only be reached when traveling...
Denali, Alaska, USA
of our trip to Alaska, this is probably the highlight, a chance of very few, apparently 15% of the people who head out to see this majestic mountain get a chance to see it as we have. being there and seeing this beautiful mountain in all of its...
14865 Sterling Hwy, Cooper Landing, AK 99572, USA
Alaska is a beautiful state. It seemed no matter where we drove there were gorgeous views of mountains, forest, or waterways, and often wild anaimals. On our way from Anchorage to Homer we stopped at Gwin's Lodge for lunch. I love good sea food...
China Poot Bay, Alaska 99603, USA
When the tide is out and the skies are still bright (just before midnight in June) head out into Kachemak Bay toward China Poot Bay for some midnight mussel digging. Surrounded by sea stars and more mussels than you could eat in a lifetime, it's a...
233 E Bunnell Ave, Homer, AK 99603, USA
I absolutely adore this little bakery!! Tucked along the coast of Homer, AK, this lovely little bakery is full of soul and heartfelt goodness. The food is delicious, the mate lattes are so creamy and the local vibe is sweet. If you cruise through...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village