Collected by Ellen G
There are no guarantees the northern lights will start dancing on the night you look skyward, but it's so worth taking the chance. One of the great rewards for hanging out in Alaska once the dark and cold settle over the state, the northern...
5 Salmon Lndg Suite 114, Ketchikan, AK 99901, USA
After you get off your cruise I advise you to avoid the tourist traps, the Russian jewelry shops and the Jade on sale at "low" prices. Instead head straight for the Crab Cracker Seafood Bar where you can taste one of the best seafood feasts in...
1201 E Whitney Rd, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
There are not very many roads through the interior of Alaska, and even fewer rail lines. The main Alaska Railroad line runs from Seward, through Anchorage, to Fairbanks, through pristine Alaskan wilderness. Breathtaking views of Denali (Mount...
4380 Homer Spit Rd, Homer, AK 99603, USA
If you find yourself in Homer Alaska, a visit to The Salty Dawg Saloon is in order. What I remember of Homer Alaska is fishing boats, cool air off the water, and friendly people. What I liked about the Salty Dawg Saloon was its charming rustic...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local