Collected by Ellen G
There are no guarantees the northern lights will start dancing on the night you look skyward, but it's so worth taking the chance. One of the great rewards for hanging out in Alaska once the dark and cold settle over the state, the northern...
5 Salmon Lndg Suite 114, Ketchikan, AK 99901, USA
After you get off your cruise I advise you to avoid the tourist traps, the Russian jewelry shops and the Jade on sale at "low" prices. Instead head straight for the Crab Cracker Seafood Bar where you can taste one of the best seafood feasts in...
1201 E Whitney Rd, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
There are not very many roads through the interior of Alaska, and even fewer rail lines. The main Alaska Railroad line runs from Seward, through Anchorage, to Fairbanks, through pristine Alaskan wilderness. Breathtaking views of Denali (Mount...
4380 Homer Spit Rd, Homer, AK 99603, USA
If you find yourself in Homer Alaska, a visit to The Salty Dawg Saloon is in order. What I remember of Homer Alaska is fishing boats, cool air off the water, and friendly people. What I liked about the Salty Dawg Saloon was its charming rustic...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun