Collected by Ellen G
There are no guarantees the northern lights will start dancing on the night you look skyward, but it's so worth taking the chance. One of the great rewards for hanging out in Alaska once the dark and cold settle over the state, the northern...
5 Salmon Lndg Suite 114, Ketchikan, AK 99901, USA
After you get off your cruise I advise you to avoid the tourist traps, the Russian jewelry shops and the Jade on sale at "low" prices. Instead head straight for the Crab Cracker Seafood Bar where you can taste one of the best seafood feasts in...
1201 E Whitney Rd, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
There are not very many roads through the interior of Alaska, and even fewer rail lines. The main Alaska Railroad line runs from Seward, through Anchorage, to Fairbanks, through pristine Alaskan wilderness. Breathtaking views of Denali (Mount...
4380 Homer Spit Rd, Homer, AK 99603, USA
If you find yourself in Homer Alaska, a visit to The Salty Dawg Saloon is in order. What I remember of Homer Alaska is fishing boats, cool air off the water, and friendly people. What I liked about the Salty Dawg Saloon was its charming rustic...
- 1 Travel Tips Surprising Countries Where U.S. Citizens Need an Advance Visa
- 2 National Parks 11 Crowd-Free National Parks You Should Visit Instead
- 3 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 4 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 5 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast