Collected by Larisa
On the first Saturday in March, the mood in Anchorage, Alaska, is best expressed by a pack of huskies. More than 60 dogsled teams, each composed of 12 to 16 agile canines, assemble along Fourth Avenue for the ceremonial start of the Iditarod Trail...
Teller is an eskimo village located 70 miles north of Nome, Alaska. The road is open May through September and there is year round air service from Nome. The people living here live a subsistence lifestyle and salmon is a large part of their diet....
You can't help but be awed by what a glacier and a few thousand years can do to a landscape. As we hiked closer to Exit Glacier I become aware of the enormity of this sheet of ice that has carved out the valley and the river behind us. Signposts...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands