Collected by Rebecca Die
You can't help but be awed by what a glacier and a few thousand years can do to a landscape. As we hiked closer to Exit Glacier I become aware of the enormity of this sheet of ice that has carved out the valley and the river behind us. Signposts...
227 Airport Rd, Nome, AK 99762, USA
Musk Ox have inhabited the frozen arctic north for thousands of years. Their undercoat of hair that keeps them warm throughout the winter and falls out as the temperature rises. This is a prize wool for the natives to spin and knit scarfs, mittens...
312 Stikine Ave, Wrangell, AK 99929, USA
In Wrangell, Alaska, an old lodge that once belonged to Chief Shakes has been restored with many of the original (or recreations of the original) carvings on furniture and the poles that hold up the roof. Carved wooden whale oil lamps still hang...
4380 Homer Spit Rd, Homer, AK 99603, USA
If you find yourself in Homer Alaska, a visit to The Salty Dawg Saloon is in order. What I remember of Homer Alaska is fishing boats, cool air off the water, and friendly people. What I liked about the Salty Dawg Saloon was its charming rustic...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico