Collected by Jackie Goldman
2323 1st Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203, USA
What's On 2nd is an eclectic mix of anything and everything antique and/or vintage ranging in items from cameras to dolls to medicine bottles. There are household items from the 1940s and '50s to video games and gaming systems from the 1980s and...
3009 Messer Airport Hwy, Birmingham, AL 35203, USA
Opened in 1907 and still dedicated to doing things the old-fashioned way, a walk down the historic brick road of Morris Avenue to the Peanut Depot is truly a step back in time. Get your peanuts salted, roasted, or boiled, and have them bagged up...
1008 Oxmoor Rd, Homewood, AL 35209, USA
You won’t be too hard-pressed to find great barbecue in Birmingham, but Saw’s should be at the top of your list. With a location in Homewood and also in the revitalized Avondale neighborhood, get your ‘cue fix with a helping of pulled pork with...
520 16th St N, Birmingham, AL 35203, USA
2013 marked the 50th anniversary of some of Birmingham’s darkest moments: the bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church that took the lives of four little girls, fire hoses set loose by its police chief on civil rights activists, and the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles