Collected by Jackie Goldman
2323 1st Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203, USA
What's On 2nd is an eclectic mix of anything and everything antique and/or vintage ranging in items from cameras to dolls to medicine bottles. There are household items from the 1940s and '50s to video games and gaming systems from the 1980s and...
Birmingham, AL, USA
Opened in 1907 and still dedicated to doing things the old-fashioned way, a walk down the historic brick road of Morris Avenue to the Peanut Depot is truly a step back in time. Get your peanuts salted, roasted, or boiled, and have them bagged up...
1008 Oxmoor Rd, Homewood, AL 35209, USA
You won’t be too hard-pressed to find great barbecue in Birmingham, but Saw’s should be at the top of your list. With a location in Homewood and also in the revitalized Avondale neighborhood, get your ‘cue fix with a helping of pulled pork with...
520 16th St N, Birmingham, AL 35203, USA
2013 marked the 50th anniversary of some of Birmingham’s darkest moments: the bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church that took the lives of four little girls, fire hoses set loose by its police chief on civil rights activists, and the...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022