Collected by John Oseid , AFAR Local Expert
Rue Saint-Charles, 20000 Ajaccio, France
Just imagine the scenes and conversations that took place centuries ago at Casa Bonaparte, where Napoleon came into the world in August 1769. Today a national museum, the general’s birthplace displays period furnishings and artifacts that reflect...
50-52 Rue Cardinal Fesch, 20000 Ajaccio, France
What a surprise to find a mini-Louvre in little Ajaccio. In its collection of more than a thousand works, the Musée Fesch includes works by great artists from Botticelli, Veronese and Titian to Canaletto and Poussin. Housed in a 19th-century...
Iles Sanguinaires, Ajaccio, France
Sunsets are breathtaking over the Îles Sanguinaires, or Bloody Islands, just off the headlands a few miles from the Gulf of Ajaccio. The four craggy black diorite islets peeking out of the water were the scene of many a shipwreck. Brimming with...
20117 Ocana, France
Corsica bursts with agricultural activity, from wine and olive oil to honeybees, and among many informative and leisurely excursions just outside of Ajaccio is the family-run Jardin des Abeilles (Garden of the Honeybees) in nearby Ocana. An...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum