Collected by Debra Graham
69 Cours Mirabeau, 13100 Aix-en-Provence, France
My friends and I stumbled into Le Splendid to grab some lunch and escape the rain. The menus were hand written on large chalkboards that they carried over to the table for you to look at. I decided on the tarte du jour which had smoked salmon,...
70 Place Richelme, 13100 Aix-en-Provence, France
The daily, year-round marché at Place Richelme in Aix-en-Provence is tucked into the center of the Old Town and has been going on since the 14th century. It is just south of another large square at the Clock Tower (l'horloge) and City Hall (Hotel...
5 Rue Jaubert, 13100 Aix-en-Provence, France
You can find a Paul around any corner in Aix…or Paris…or anywhere in France I’m pretty sure. But, whereas chains in America aren’t usually the best of the best, Paul is a perfect example of how great French chains can be. Pastries are baked...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter