Collected by Elizabeth Gossard
69 Cours Mirabeau, 13100 Aix-en-Provence, France
My friends and I stumbled into Le Splendid to grab some lunch and escape the rain. The menus were hand written on large chalkboards that they carried over to the table for you to look at. I decided on the tarte du jour which had smoked salmon,...
It would be hard to do better in Provence than in a city that is named after the region, right? Totally right. Aix-en-Provence is the region's most delightful, easily accessible and interesting mid-sized city, and its markets are not to be missed....
2 Avenue Victor Hugo, 13100 Aix-en-Provence, France
If there was an award for most confusing location greatness to food greatness ratio, this place would always, always take the prize in my book. Located in a subway-entrance-ish tunnel underneath Avenue Victor Hugo (the stairs are right by the...
36 Rue Gaston de Saporta, 13100 Aix-en-Provence, France
This café, settled in the best people-watching location on Rue Gaston de Saporta, is absolutely my favorite place in Aix, maybe even the world. Get there early on a weekday morning, as their outdoor seating makes for an amazing place to watch the...
10 Avenue Pasteur, 13100 Aix-en-Provence, France
Coffee To Go is hands down the best coffee you will find in all of Aix, and one of the few places that you’re able to get your coffee in a to go cup. Owner and barista, Adrien (the most beautiful man this side of the Atlantic) brought his talent...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now