African Safari (for one?)
Collected by Aimee Bruederle
“You are very lucky!” my guide told me. “You will have the gorillas all to yourself!” He seemed pleased for me in my rare situation of being the lone tracker to see one of the habituated gorilla families in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest....
Kenya is an amazing country of contrasts. However, nothing can prepare you for how diverse a Kenya Safari is. The main attraction remains the big five - Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo and Leopard which can be viewed in Kenya's numerous parks....
Spend four nights at safari camps in Zambia’s South Luangwa National Park, where elephants, leopards, and more than 400 species of birds inhabit open grasslands, standsof ebony trees, and the expansive Luangwa River system. Robin Pope Safaris,...
Makuleke, 1007, South Africa
Most safari lodges channel traditional African styles. This one is unashamedly industrial, made of concrete and steel, with clean-lined furnishings. Retractable screen walls blur the boundary between indoors and out: Design steps aside, leaving...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights