Africa - Kenya
Collected by Kelley
Lake Baringo, Kenya
At the Lake Bogoria National Reserve, soak in the public hot springs and spend the night amid hundreds of thousands of flamingos at an acacia-shaded campsite. Cruise nearby Lake Baringo in a motorboat or a canoe to spy hippos and crocodiles. This...
Kenya is an amazing country of contrasts. However, nothing can prepare you for how diverse a Kenya Safari is. The main attraction remains the big five - Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo and Leopard which can be viewed in Kenya's numerous parks....
KWS Central Workshop Gate, off, Nairobi, Kenya
The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust is a center for orphaned elephants and other animals that are rescued in distress. The center though was founded to help primarily take care of Elephants. The are elephants that have either been abandoned by the...
Slip Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
The Maasai Market is an excellent spot to get all kinds of handmade crafts, jewelry, beads, woodwork, and art in the middle of Nairobi. My favorite items were the stacks of fabrics with Maasai prints, plaids, and Barack Obama screens. At this...
East Africa is a glorious destination where a tapestry of cultures merge to overwhelm the senses. In this particular area, the smiles of the Maasai greeted me and a young Samburu boy took me on a walking safari. Luckily, the sun was at its peak...
Nehru Rd, Mombasa, Kenya
I am drawn to spice markets for the colors and the smells. Because of it's location on the Kenyan coast and once an important trade route, Mombasa has some culinary influences from India starting with the spices. You'll find that clearly at the...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna