Collected by Steven Petrow, AFAR Contributor
737 9th St #210, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Durham, North Carolina, has been called out a lot in the past handful of years as “America’s Foodiest Small Town” (Bon Appetit) and the “South’s Tastiest Town” (Southern Living), with frequent mentions by The New York Times. Juju, which bills...
401 Foster St B2, Durham, NC 27701, USA
Listen up folks, there’s a new chef in town: Greg Gettles, most recently the sous chef at Herons in Cary’s Umstead Hotel, has taken over the top slot at Piedmont in downtown Durham. l was already a fan of the much-acclaimed eatery, but after three...
205 E Franklin St, Raleigh, NC 27604, USA
The much-anticipated Standard Foods opened this past October after months of delays. I’d been meaning to try three-times James Beard nominee Scott Crawford’s new venture (along with business partner John Holmes) but I dilly-dallied until I read in...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local