Collected by Ursula Maxwell-Lewis
Qesm Siwah, Matrouh Governorate, Egypt
The day had been spent speeding (and tumbling in my case) down enormous sand dunes on questionable snowboards, a pastime that filled one's head with sand and spirit with unending exhilaration. We had swum in hot springs and very cold springs,...
18-19 Iron Gate, Derby DE1 3GP, UK
Not far from Derby Cathedral where Bess of Hardwick is buried, we stopped for tea and homemade scones at an entertaining nearby coffee shop. Clearly, the owners have a sense of humour. The quotations change occasionally, but I'll bet the cooking...
Im Neuen Garten 11, 14469 Potsdam, Germany
My spartan Cecilienhof room overlooked "the red star," a reminder of the Potsdam Conference held here in 1945. The heads of the three world powers of the day—Communist Party General Secretary Joseph Stalin, Prime Minister Winston Churchill, and...
21611 48 Ave, Langley, BC V3A 3M7, Canada
Murrayville, British Columbia: When my kids were young this was known as "Mr. Porter's store", because that's what it was. Today, it's still the same old heritage store, minus penny candies, but with equally popular breakfasts, lunches, coffees...
Cloverdale, Surrey, BC V3S, Canada
Rodeo and ranching are proud Canadian traditions. Fans are reminded of this during the annual Cloverdale Rodeo and Country Fair Grand Entry as flag toting cowgirls gallop full-speed into the Rodeo Stetson Bowl at the opening of every performance....
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village