Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Poelua Bay HI 96793, Wailuku, HI 96793, USA
The north coast of west Maui is full of places to adventure! We parked off the side of Kahekili Highway 340, and we climbed around and stumbled down the lava rock and dirt path toward the water. There are a number of blowholes and tide pools in...
Lower Honoapiilani Rd, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
[Dragon's Teeth is near a sacred and ancient burial ground. If you go to this area, please respect the locals and the burial ground]. The geological sites in Maui are fascinating...so many different things to see on such a small island. We walked...
Kupu Pl, Wailuku, HI 96793, USA
Kupu Maui, a roving farm-to-table pop-up restaurant, hosts communal meals for up to 60 people at farms and other al fresco locations. Chefs prepare a multicourse dinner from island ingredients and donate the proceeds to charity. Tickets sell out...
Kaihalulu Beach, Hana, HI 96713, USA
This was the end of the Hana Highway in Maui. Our guidebook told of a red sand beach, but it specifically left out information on how to get there, in an effort to keep people from spoiling it. Before our trip, I printed out some instructions from...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna