Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190, USA
Pass through Canyon Village and take the North Rim Drive. Park at Lookout point and take the paved trail down to Brink of Lower falls. As you descend you will indulge yourself in the sounds of rushing water and the smell of fresh pine. Butterflies...
Gove 16, Oakley, KS 67748, USA
I drove for nearly 8 hours, from my home on the eastern border of Kansas to Monument Rocks off of US-83 in Western Kansas just to see these and disprove the common misconceptions of Kansas being flat and boring! These are called "chalk pyramids"...
Brevard, NC, NC, USA
Looking for adventure between the eats and treats of Asheville, NC? Want to really 'experience' a waterfall? After a moderate hike through Cold Mountain Gap lays Greenland Creek falls approximately 45 minutes southwest of Brevard, NC - the site of...
Amphitheater Lake, Wyoming 83414, USA
On a brief visit with my brother in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, we hiked up to Amphitheater Lake in the Teton range. It was gorgeous! It was kind of a strenuous hike (especially if you're coming from sea level like I did), but well worth the climb. The...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles