Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
101 Independence Ave SE, Washington, DC 20540, USA
Established in 1800, the Library of Congress is the oldest federal institution in the United States. The library was destroyed by British troops just 14 years after its conception, and Congress used Thomas Jefferson’s collection of 6,487...
Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris, France
This former royal palace is one of the largest museums in the world, and its art collection is considered one of the most comprehensive. It contains around 400,000 works, although—mercifully, perhaps—not all are on display at any one...
Wynwood, Miami, FL, USA
The Wynwood district is a pleasant change from the glazed body parade of South Beach. Art is everywhere: on gallery walls, on exterior walls, even on the sidewalk--and the Wynwood Walls are a one stop shop for it all. Wander the impressive murals,...
1060 Scarlet Oak St, Hollywood, FL 33019, USA
The first U.S. outpost of the Colombian gift shop Inkanta is the perfect place to score a memento of design-mad Miami. (Hungry for a Kidrobot banana figurine?) The jewel box–like store—gleaming white walls contrasting with a perforated...
95 NW 29th St, Miami, FL 33127, USA
The Rubell Family Collection occupies a former Drug Enforcement Administration warehouse in the Wynwood Arts District. Contemporary artists exhibited here include Jeff Koons and Kara Walker.—Meeghan Truelove 95 NW 29th St., (305) 573-6090. This...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local