Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Ponza is an island destination mostly frequented by Italians (especially Romans and Neapolitans, as it's just a hop, skip, and a jump away by boat) that is largely undiscovered by foreign tourists. A must-do in Ponza: rent a motorboat on your own,...
1 Rond-Point des Arènes, 13200 Arles, France
Long associated with Van Gogh, who produced hundreds of paintings there, the UNESCO World Heritage City of Arles on the Rhône River in Provence also has some of the finest Roman ruins in France. The well-preserved amphitheater is still utilized...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map