Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
52801 California State Route 1, Big Sur, CA 93920, USA
After five hours in the car, I was more than happy to hop out and hike the 1.4 miles out to Pfeiffer Burns State Park and get the prize of a beautiful waterfall. The water's color is an unreal sea blue/green that I have never seen before. The best...
119 Beach St, Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA 01944, USA
My favorite beach in the Northeast is named for the way the sand squeaks underfoot. The quintessential New England seaside town of Manchester-by-the-Sea feels straight out of the 1950s and lightyears away from nearby Boston. Catch the train if...
Goose Rocks Beach, Maine 04046, USA
A great find in Southern Maine, a beautiful five mile beach with spectacular views & white sand. No place can compare to the beauty that this beach embraces that families have come to summer for many generations. A perfect day to relax, take...
Enterprise Coast Road, Oistins, Barbados, Barbados
One of the best spots in the Caribbean for surfing is Barbados. And if you're not one of the best surfers in the world (like me), one of the best breaks on the island to catch some waves has got to be Freights Bay. The added bonus is that most...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights