Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Åby säteri, 456 93 Hunnebostrand, Sweden
Located about an hour north of Gothenburg, Sweden is a unique animal sanctuary, Norden’s Ark. The facility started more than twenty years ago and had a single goal in mind: to save the endangered animals of Scandinavia. Today their mission has...
Isle of Skye, Duntulm, Portree IV51 9UF, UK
At the very northern tip of the Isle of Skye, which is an island off of the upper north western shore of Scotland, are the ruins of Duntulm Castle. To get there, you have to drive for several hours on narrow dirt roads, but the sense of remoteness...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter