Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Obala kralja Zvonimira 13, 21220, Trogir, Croatia
My mom kept urging me to go to Croatia because she had seen images of the beautiful Dalmatian coast. I resisted because Croatia was not on my travel agenda at the time. I finally caved in and I’m so glad I did because it’s a gem of a country! Most...
Lake Bled, 4260 Bled, Slovenia
Bled (and the lake by the same moniker) is the most Fairytale-esque town I've ever experienced. The people are almost jarringly friendly by American standards, the island church is as beautiful as it is quaint, and the castle perched on the cliffs...
Metelkova ulica 11, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
The ‘Metelkova City Autonomous Cultural Center‘, in Ljubljana, Slovenia—more commonly known and much easier said ‘Metelkova’— is a composition of seven buildings and outdoor space run by independent leaders of civic engagement, political action...
Lake Bohinj, 4265 Bohinjsko jezero, Slovenia
It's a bit cold, yes - even in August. But the spectacular views and pristine water easily make up for the chilly swimming. We packed our beach towels, bought a few cold beers, and hiked around the lake for awhile until we found a more secluded...
It doesn't get any better than Kotor, Montenegro - really, it doesn't. The landscape is stunning, the weather is mild and the architecture is lovely. Throw in a vibrant Southern European culture, and you're really, really close to perfection....
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked