Collected by Joan Kassan
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Having been raised on National Geographic magazines, I have always been fascinated by western landscape of America. The jagged peaks of Tetons have been on my to-see list ever since I have known the works of Ansel Adams. Last labor day weekend, my...
Ko Lanta Yai, Ko Lanta District, Krabi, Thailand
For my money, this is the closest thing to a postcard-perfect paradise as there is in this world. Happy little clouds (-Bob Ross), blue-green ocean, mammoth limestone peaks, longtail boats swaying in the breeze, and an unending tropical sandscape....
766 Rue Kirouac, Québec, QC G1N 2J4, Canada
If there was a place you could experience Europe without the hassle of traveling overseas, Old Quebec City would be your answer. With its narrow streets and historic architecture, you'll feel like you're walking around in old Europe. Bring along...
3 Rue du Couvent, L'Anse-Saint-Jean, QC G0V 1J0, Canada
The anticipation of supping on one of Marina Lavoie's famous smoked trout sandwiches from Restaurant L'Islet is enough to have you salivating all the way from Chicoutimi. The bonus of this gastronomic quest is that you will be able to enjoy the...
Quebec City, QC, Canada
Along the St. Lawrence Waterway near Quebec City, the Gourmet Route will also appeal to cyclists with refined palates—though it can also, of course, be explored by car. Some 25 stops along the route include artisans producing preserves, honey, and...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now