Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
6 Xiaodonghai Rd, Jiyang Qu, Sanya Shi, Hainan Sheng, China, 572000
For centuries, many Chinese women maintained youthful skin by applying crushed pearls to their faces. Here, the spa uses a facial powder made from locally harvested pearls. From $385. 86/(0) 898-8888-5088. This appeared in the January/February...
Campos do Jordão - State of São Paulo, 12460-000, Brazil
A country retreat two hours north of São Paulo, Botanique is surrounded by 700 acres of forest and gardens. The 10,000-square-foot spa tucked into the hillside specializes in remedies inspired by local healing rituals. Try a mud therapy; the area’...
Thachangad, Kerala, India
It’s easy to unplug at this 71-room resort set on 26 acres, steps from a river and the secluded Kappil Beach. Hotel villas were built from native materials to mimic kettuvallam, Kerala’s iconic houseboats. Many have private courtyards with plunge...
Simpang Tiga, Jalan Pantai Tengah, Mukim Kedawang, 07100 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
In a fishing village near Cenang Beach, six traditional villas come with artisan-made furniture. Herbs for spa treatments are grown on-site, and therapists are experts in Malay massage. From $534. 60/(0) 3-6201-7275. This appeared in the...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked