Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
6 Xiaodonghai Rd, Jiyang Qu, Sanya Shi, Hainan Sheng, China, 572000
For centuries, many Chinese women maintained youthful skin by applying crushed pearls to their faces. Here, the spa uses a facial powder made from locally harvested pearls. From $385. 86/(0) 898-8888-5088. This appeared in the January/February...
Campos do Jordão - State of São Paulo, 12460-000, Brazil
A country retreat two hours north of São Paulo, Botanique is surrounded by 700 acres of forest and gardens. The 10,000-square-foot spa tucked into the hillside specializes in remedies inspired by local healing rituals. Try a mud therapy; the area’...
Thachangad, Kerala, India
It’s easy to unplug at this 71-room resort set on 26 acres, steps from a river and the secluded Kappil Beach. Hotel villas were built from native materials to mimic kettuvallam, Kerala’s iconic houseboats. Many have private courtyards with plunge...
Simpang Tiga, Jalan Pantai Tengah, Mukim Kedawang, 07100 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
In a fishing village near Cenang Beach, six traditional villas come with artisan-made furniture. Herbs for spa treatments are grown on-site, and therapists are experts in Malay massage. From $534. 60/(0) 3-6201-7275. This appeared in the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local