Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
The Reefs Resort & Club blends a cheerful and sunny persona with a formal elegance that could only be described as uniquely Bermudian. Bright botanical prints and small splashes of color complement crisp white linens, deep wood tones, and tile...
Unnamed Road, The Bahamas
It is not quite accurate to say that this 13-room beachfront property, on sparsely populated South Andros Island, is off the beaten path. True, no one can arrive by road, because there isn’t one. And the only neighbors are the wild denizens...
6975 Howard St, Green Mountain Falls, CO 80819, USA
Don’t expect butlers, room service, or even a receptionist at this six-room lodge set at nearly 7,800 feet in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. Owner Christian Keesee vacationed in Green Mountain Falls as a kid. When the New York–based...
Merrion Street Upper, Dublin 2, Ireland
A Georgian grand dame just off St. Stephens Green in downtown Dublin, the Merrion has been around in one form or another since 1760, when it was a set of four stately homes owned by English nobility. Today, it is elegance incarnate. An excellent...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna